Thursday, September 15, 2005

Time Spent Senseless.

One can't get past the emptiness of lost days. Time spent senseless, without thought or feeling, carves out a hole in the consciousness which no amount of forward motion can fill. We attempt to escape time when we deaden ourselves to its passage and slip into routine or simple blankness. But in this manner, life is lost and we find ourselves more than ever time's victims, having moved forward without having lived and lacking the self we might have gained had we fully experienced those days. The human faculty of imagination is forever driving us to attempt to escape the inescapable--time, death, our very selves. I have left many cities in search of some relief only to find, in some new place, that everything in my surroundings that I had hoped to leave was something I myself had put there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home